Kennett High School
Library Media Center
This facility was dedicated on January 10, 1993, and is equipped to house up to 10,000 printed volumes of reading and reference books. In 2014, through a grant from the Kennett Educational Foundation, the library was redesigned to increase the functionality of the space. The creation of casual reading, research, and computing zones increased the overall appeal of the space. With updated presentation equipment and the addition of mobile shelving and movable furnishings, the flexibility of the learning environment has increased. We hope the students of Kennett High School will be drawn to a more positive environment in which they can easily access needed resources while increasing collaboration and productivity.
6:30 a.m. - 2:45 p.m. Monday - Friday
Library Media Specialist:
Mrs. Karen Edgington
- Students are allowed one checkout at a time
- Fiction and non-fiction books are checked out for a two-week period -- 10 cents/day overdue fine
- Reference books are checked out overnight only -- $1.00/day overdue fine
Available to students with signed acceptable use policies.
Internet filtering software used.
- Chromebook troubleshooting
- Screen & keyboard repairs
- Charger & battery replacement
Green Screen Video & Imaging Station
- Green screen & lighting
- Tripod and iPads with green screen apps and special effects app
- Smartphone adapter available
Virtual Reality Goggles
Library computer network desktops (6 stations)
- Printing capability
- Access to Google Docs, Mail, Forms, Sheets, Slides, and Classroom
- Microsoft Office 2007:
PowerPoint (Multimedia Presentation)
Online Databases --
- Issues and Controversies on File -- User ID: kennettmo Password: Indians
- Gale Student Resources Database -- password: indians;
- Gale Opposing Viewpoints Database -- password: indians;
MORENet Databases -- User ID: kennett Password: Indians
- Ebsco -- Academic Search Elite
- Learning Express Library -- Testing resource for over 300 online academic and licensing practice tests including SAT, ACT, GRE, HiSET, LSAT, AP, civil service, military, real estate, citizenship, TOEFL, and basic skills improvement for elementary, middle & high school. Materials span ages from elementary through adult.
Disclaimer - Maintained according to the Kennett School District Web Page Policies and Guidelines. Clicking on links will direct you to sites outside of the Kennett School District and the Kennett High School server. The Kennett School District is not responsible for content on external sites and servers, nor does the district endorse the sponsors or advertising on these sites.